I'm a visual journalist carving out my path in the digital media sphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. I love storytelling with photos and videos, and have been fortunate to do just that. In February I joined Teen Vogue, where I'm the Senior Video Producer. Prior to that, I was the Video Production Manager at Bustle, a Video Journalist at The Seventy Four, and a Video Reporter at Mashable.
And even before that, I managed Community Engagement for the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, where I was a grad student from 2012-2014. My C.V. lists all that good stuff employers want to know, but here are what I consider my achievements:
- I delivered the Student Commencement Speech for the Class of 2013 at the Times Center, and had my capstone investigation on the challenges of prosthetic limbs for veterans published on NBCNews.com.
- I was accepted as a 2014 Fellow at the Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism - a pretty rad start-up incubator program. I won a full scholarship from Digital First Media’s CEO John Paton. You can read all about the super cool start-ups we visited on my Tumblr, as well as my collaboration with General Assembly. While a fellow, I founded Hashtag That – a b2b service that helps journalists and social media professionals inform their hashtag strategies (see my pitch from May 2014).
- I won the Knight Foundation Scholarship to attend the Investigative Reporters and Editors’ CAR Conference.
- I was selected for the second year in a row to receive the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation Graduate Scholarship. AGD is my sisterhood, and a wonderful international fraternity. I’m a proud member of the Zeta Tau Chapter at Seton Hall University.
- In July of 2013 I attended the Excellence in Journalism Conference thanks to the generous Abe Schecter Graduate Scholarship through the Radio, Television and Digital News Association.
It's crazy to think how incredible the past five years have been since taking the leap and deciding to go to j-school. But I guess you could say I always had the journalism bug, even as an undergraduate at Seton Hall University. While pursuing an accelerated 5-year dual degree B.S/M.A. program in diplomacy and international relations, I ran my own weekly international news radio program on WSOU 89.5 FM, and was a sports writer for The Setonian.